BC CITO Announces 2011 Board
(Vancouver, BC) The organization responsible for construction training standards and program development in British Columbia heads into the challenges of 2011 with a new board.
As with previous boards, since its inception in 2006, the 2011 board is representative of the industry makeup - institutional, commercial and industrial construction.
These are the 2011 CITO board members:
- Karen Bazylewsky, Keith Plumbing & Heating Co. Ltd.
- Randy Callaghan, PCL Constructors Westcoast Inc.
- Robert Cowan, PEng, (Chair), Vancouver Airport Authority (retired)
- Greg Hubbard (Secretary/Treasurer), LMS Reinforcing Steel Group - Western Canada.
- Cameron Leslie, All-West Glass Prince George Ltd.
- Daniel Mott (Past Chair), Mott Electric Ltd.
- Claude Nobauer, Control Solutions Ltd.
- Chris Pullen, Keldon Electric & Data Ltd.
- Wayne Pye, Pye Construction
- Alex Riftin, Omicron Architecture Engineering Construction Ltd.
- Brian Savage (Vice-Chair), Western Industrial Contractors Ltd.
These board members will help BC CITO in its mandate "To Make Training Good Business," and also assist in identifying current and future skill/training needs, as well as the design and development of training programs and strategies. All in support of an industry that employs 10% of the provincial workforce and contributes $9 billion per year to the BC economy. Board profiles available on the board page.
- 30 -
ABOUT BC CITO
The Construction Industry Training Organization (CITO) is the agent of responsive training systems that support the construction industry in British Columbia.
CITO provides industry leadership in training which results in the right number of workers, with the right knowledge and skills, developed to the right standards, and available at the right time for the right needs.
CITO is an Industry Training Organization (ITO), registered as a not-for-profit legal entity, which is accountable to the Industry Training Authority (ITA). The ITA is the provincial crown agency responsible for overseeing B.C.’s industry training and apprenticeship system, providing a skilled workforce for industry and career development opportunities for British Columbians.